5 Last One In The In The
9 Strong Ones
Following releases on Osiris, Tempa and Cold Recordings, 'Depatterning' is the debut album by Ipman, set for release by Tectonic Recordings on 25th September.
* Jack Gibbons aka Ipman hails from the rural Herefordshire, a world away from the city-born influences that form his sound. Embracing the luxury of isolation, 'Depatterning' is compiled from two years of recording, realising a vision of Gibbon's passion for soundsystem music, rave culture and technology. A self confessed tech nerd, Gibbons built the record experimenting with granular and modular synths, rewiring drum machines and mangling sounds with hardware.
* "I like to create music by experimenting with new ideas and mechanics and letting tracks evolve, and this was no different. I had a pretty free reign and just tried new things and looked at the results."
* Lead track and recent 12" 'Regicide' repackages the mid-1990s jungle experience into 140bpm breakbeat science, 'IPA' gives a sly nod to the Hereford pub staple through jamming techno synths, while the trinity of '¥, Ø, Ü' sandwiches atmospheric ambience between Gibbon's takes on dark 2-step and crushing rave.
* The restless 'Last One In The In The' pays tribute to the all-night dancer "It's like that bloke who is there from start to finish, eyeballs popping out of his head, just dancing like a maniac all through the dance (we've all been there). I had an idea for a video for it about him but never got round to it. It'd be like the Inspector Norse video. But in England so gritty and depressing."
* 'Depatterning' demonstrates Gibbons' individual ability to seamlessly fuse sounds, textures and moods - from jungle to techno and everything in between.
"Most of the inspiration for the album came from purely wanting to make something my own. The challenge for me was to pin down a sonic and craft an entire album's worth of material out of it, which for me was difficult as I tend to get bored and move on quickly. It feels good to finally be able to share this."
Some items are Pre-orders, I shall try my best to get the records for you.
£2.00 - Collect from the shop in Nottingham (appointment only)
Standard shipping is only offered if the order is under £20.00
£4.99 Second Class (Standard) + £2.00 Shipping for every additional item
£5.49 First Class (Standard) + £2.00 Shipping for every additional item
£5.99 Second Class Recorded + £2.00 Shipping for every additional item
£6.49 First Class Recorded + £2.00 Shipping for every additional item
Rest of the World:
Standard shipping is only offered if the order is under £10.99, and you pay via Debit/Credit Card, (NOT PAYPAL) :
£10.99 Airmail (Standard) + £2.00 Shipping for every additional item
£24.99 International Signed For Delivery + £5.00 every additional Item
If you're not happy with your items, return them unused within 7 days for a replacement or refund.
Terms and conditions
- If you're not happy with your items, return them unused within 7 days for a replacement or refund. We will try to accept all returns. It is important to us to keep you as a customer.
- For obvious reasons (e.g. piracy) we cannot accept unwanted/incorrect items that have been opened.
- Please make sure you pack your return securely.
- Always get proof of postage.
- If an item is returned to us in an unsuitable condition due to poor packaging then we may have to send it back to you without a refund.
- Buyer pays for the return shipping cost